Oct 13, 2025

Running to the doctor.

Things have been so crazy busy lately. The days are rocketing by because of it too. It’s like being in a car and seeing the wall you’re about to drive into coming up fast. The thing I’m working on has a deadline of the end of the month and even though I had been after people for weeks now, it takes everything being an emergency to get people to get off their ass.

I had taken the week of Labor Day off and ever since I got back it’s been like this. I even had a long weekend later in the month to do some fun things even though I was questioning whether I should take the time. In the end I was glad I did take off but nonetheless there is always a price to be paid.

In any event, I had been running around last month to get a bunch of medical things taken care of because my insurance was changing over and I wanted to take advantage of the good deal that insurance was providing me. It meant lots and lots of running around and this was during the whole finger chopping thing as well.

That all got done fortunately, I’ve got ‘new’ insurance that I’m still getting set up but again there seems to be so much to do and I’m really not spending a lot of time focusing on the things I need at the moment because of the job.

In the back of my mind knowing the job is going to be over shortly makes me kick myself and over the last week all I’ve been doing is getting up, making coffee, sitting in front of the computer and then I look up and it’s seven at night. This is with me starting at six in the morning!

There have been days where I just didn’t eat anything at all and then came to the evening and realized it. Then I felt my ear bothering me… ugh. I’ve had problems with my ears in the past and was scrambling for the medicine I got the last time this happened and fortunately I found it. As bad as things were getting I was getting worried but after less than two days of the medicine I can feel myself getting better already. Now I could only get away from the computer screen for a bit of time!

 I started this the other day and thankfully it appears that the drops did the trick. On another front, the finger where I lopped off the end is still bothering me. I mean for the most part the thing is healed, the skin is completely and fully healed over but the problem is a weird one. At this point in life things don’t work the way you’d think they would so in chopping off the end of the finger, even though the thing is healed there is less dermis between the bone and the tip now.

This means while I’m typing now I feel it in the finger, not pain but irritation. Maybe it will go away, at least I hope it will. I didn’t run to the doctor and I’m glad because the truth that everyone needs to learn is that yes, you SHOULD go to the doctor and get checked and tested and the like. You SHOULDN’T run to the doctor for every little thing though because doctors and hospitals aren’t always the answer.

No comments: